Blessings

Blessings

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

One Year~ Reflections











One year ago today, I meet my daughter for the first time.  I had no idea what to expect.  Sure, we had done this once before, but this was different.  She was 2 years old.  How would she react?  I had already fallen in love with this little girl that I'd never met before.  Well, Dumpling was scared and quiet but accepting.  She was simply more gorgeous in person than I could ever imagine.
As I reflect upon all of the changes that have taken place over the last year, I have witnessed a miracle.
The physical changes are evident.
She is has grown.
Her hair is longer.
She smiles readily.

The changes inside her are more extraordinary.
She trusts.
She loves and laughs easily.
Anxiousness is replaced with security.
She loves BIG!
She knows the love of a family.
She gives and receives affection willingly.

She has blessed our family in ways unimaginable.  She has taught us to trust God when we were filled with fear and doubt.  She has stretched me in ways that I never thought possible.  I am truly privileged to call her my daughter.

We love you to the Moon and Back little girl!  Happy Gotcha Day!
your sister adores you - kisses!




No comments: