Blessings

Blessings

Friday, September 13, 2013

A tear shed........

Tonight, Dumpling and I had a rare moment alone after a bath.  She asked me to rock her.  She snuggled up in my lap and the most amazing thing happened.  She immediately relaxed and placed her little face next to my neck- skin to skin.  As I was rocking her, a tear rolled down my cheek.  I realized that this was a special moment.  I mourned for the Mommy who didn't get to rock her little girl at night. I thought of the times that she didn't have a Mommy to be with her and all of the 1st's that I missed.  It brought me back to the saying that adoption is born out of loss.  While I celebrate the miracle of adoption, someone is mourning the loss of a child.  My child has suffered a loss as well.  I thank God for the awesome responsibility of parenting these children and the beauty from the ashes.

No comments: