Blessings

Blessings

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Reflections.......

I've written this blog post over and over in my head, but I just can't seem to articulate my thoughts to my liking.
As I spend a few minutes glancing at Dumpling's referral photo, I see a scared and almost emotionless little girl.  But, alas, I look again and see a slight glimmer in her eyes.  It must be God winking at me because it is that same glimmer that made me fall in love with her after looking at her picture.
It is that same love for her that pulls me through the endless medical testing necessary to obtain a grasp at what is going on in her little body.  After spending many hours at medical appointments over the last few weeks, I see that we have a long road ahead of us.  We will be visiting with the Adoption Clinic, Ophthalmology,
 Audiology, Cardiology, Cleft Clinic, ENT docs, her pediatrician, local early intervention folks, and a pediatric dentist, as well as getting some diagnostic scans.  The mystery of Dumpling will slowly unfold.
With every giggle, hug, unsolicited kiss, smile, and show of affection, this little girl reminds us that her future is in God's hands and we love her more with each passing day.  One of my dear friends called Dumpling 'jolly'.  That is quite an appropriate word for our little girl.  She exudes joy!
Please pray for her on Thursday as she heads to surgery in the morning.  Thank you!

No comments: