Blessings

Blessings

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Trying something new

I read about this 'homemade' laundry detergent online and thought that I would give it a try.  As you can imagine, laundry will eat you alive around this house.  There is always a load in progress.  Here are the 'ingredients' if you will:

1 box Borax
1 Box Washing Soda
1 box Baking Soda  ( large box in laundry section)
1 3 lb oxy clean type stuff
4 bars of Fels Naptha grated ( I used a food processor )
1 canister of Downey Unstoppables (not necessary- I just like the way it makes my laundry smell and I had a coupon for $2 off)
The total cost was in the neighborhood of $21 and all of these should be available at your local 'walmart' ...gasp... I know..
In any event, you only need 2 tablespoons per load and if you have an HE machine just add it in with your clothes.  It cleans wonderfully!
You can store it in any plastic container and it makes a bunch.  Happy washing!




this is what the final product looks like



No comments: